Alfa Romeo Fiat Abarth Diagnostic Equipment - Alfa Romeo Donnini Melbourne 0393599499
Diagnostic Equipment Melbourne Service
At Alfa Romeo Donnini Melbourne in Campbellfield Frank Donnini has diagnostic testing equipment. for Alfa Romeo Abarth Fiat.
Frank Donnini has invested in the Premium Dealer Level Multi System Multi Vehicle Complete Diagnostic & Programming Scan Tool. Alfa Romeo Abarth Fiat
Covers Cars up to & including 2016 models.
This is a dealer level highly comprehensive automotive diagnostic package which has a long list of standard diagnostic functions and extra special functions which are generally only found in high end main dealer workshops.
It is one of the most extensive & customised kits on the market in 2016, covering over 65 manufacturers from Europe, America & Asia (see full coverage list below) is built on a unique platform with high speed stable diagnosis software.
This is the highest software configuration and has a long list of software features, so not only will it allow you to diagnose, then erase codes & dashboard warning lights in the main systems such as engine, ABS, SRS airbags, transmission powertrain & more, but it can also offer special functions such as:
- Read & clear fault codes in ALL systems
- Conduct DPF forced regeneration
- EPB Electronic Parking Brake Reset
- TMPS Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
- ABS bleeding
- Component testing
- Battery reset
- Reset parking sensor faults
- Reset steering angle sensor
- Read vehicle & ECU information
- Read data stream (includes graphing)
- Throttle reset
- Key, ECU, car door, car window programming
- Steering angle sensor programming
- Gear learning
- Control unit programming
- Reset oil service lights
- Resets service interval mileage
- Replaces & recalibrates brake pads safely
- Compatible with vehicles before 1996
- Freeze frame data
- I/M readiness
- Supports all OBD2 protocols & all test modes
- O2 mon. test, on-board mon. test
- On board camera coverage
- Turn off warning lights for check engine
- Turn off warning lights for ABS/ESP/Stability
- Turn off warning lights for SRS airbags
- Capture, save & print screenshots for convenience
- Covers up to & including 2016 models
Full Engine Diagnostic Service In Campbellfield
Our engine diagnostic check will establish the reason for your cars performance issues. There are many things that can go wrong with the engine. Some are easy to fix and just take a short time to clear, while others may require an engine repair or refurbishment.
We will carry out engine diagnostic checks to help pinpoint the exact fault. This takes less time in the long run and will make sure you only pay for the work that really needs doing.
Engine Diagnostics For Most Makes & Models.
With specialist computer equipment and the latest software updates,Alfa Romeo Donnini Melbourne - Frank Donnini in Campbellfield are able to carry out engine diagnostics checks on most make and models of vehicles.
We utilise the latest Diagnostic Techonology to ensure rapid, accurate and effective analysis of a wide range of mechanical & electronic functions within your car.
We use several vehicle diagnostic software packages enabling us to offer extensive diagnostic services to our customers from simple fault finding to comprehensive problem solving.
Has an engine management or check engine light appeared or is flashing on your dash?
- If you see this light, it means the computer system on your vehicle has detected a problem within one or some of the various systems it controls. In most instances when this light appears, a diagnostic trouble code will be stored within the computer system to help identify the fault.
- Your vehicle may also enter into “limp mode” or “fail safe” where it runs on a predetermined program in 3rd gear to allow you to “limp” home or to your mechanical workshop.
- These issues usually indicate a computer system fault, such as a faulty switch, sensor or wiring fault.
- To identify the cause of the fault, a scan tool or code reader will need to be connected to your vehicles computer to retrieve the faults that have been stored. Most vehicles also have a history section where codes may be stored for a few weeks.
- On most vehicles the connector is located at the driver’s compartment. Once the code reader is plugged in, we can retrieve the trouble codes stored in your computer’s memory. These codes are the same codes dealers use to diagnose and repair your vehicle. Once we retrieve the fault codes, we can, in most instances, tell you the problem with your car, what is required to repair the fault and the cost.
- Diagnosis of all vehicle electronics including:
- Engine management Electronic transmission control (ETC)Airbag systems (SRS)All braking and traction control systems including ASR, ESP, ETS, ABS, BAS, SBCAll electrical faults including ignition, lighting, central locking.
We use several vehicle diagnostic software packages and Scan Tools imported from Italy & U K.
Technical information and car service
with access to diagnostic specifications and service procedures on all makes and models.Frank Donnini Servicing Same or Next Day Service Book a Service Today
WHAT IS DIAGNOSTICS?
When we refer to diagnostics, we're generally speaking of troubleshooting an electrical component in the vehicle such as a sensor failure for the engine management system that would turn on the "Check Engine" light. But realistically a diagnostic could be anything where a specialized piece of equipment is needed to pinpoint test a component in any system in your vehicle.
DID YOU KNOW ?
With today"s techological advancements it has become a common mis-conception that automotive repair shop have a piece of equipment that simply plugs into the car and tells you what"s wrong with it. While diagnostic equipment has come a long ways,the most any equipment can do is provide a code number to piont the technician in the right direction and live sensor data so that the technician can see what the vehicle computer is seeing, The technician still has to pinpoint test each component in the system to correctly diagnose the failure.
What is vehicle reprogramming?
- Reprogramming is the process of replacing the existing software in a vehicle controller with new software by electronically transferring approved calibration files from a vehicle manufacturer’s website. (Also known as reflashing, flashing, programming or reconfiguring.)
Why is reprogramming so important?
- 1. Automobile manufacturers are constantly making changes to their controller software – making cars more efficient, fixing problems that have been discovered, fine tuning components and systems, updating cut points as cars age, solving problems such as rough idle and hard starting, repairing emissions related problems and many others.
- 2. New controllers replaced in a vehicle require programming to match the exact specifications and option list on the car being repaired.
- 3. Many of the Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) issued by automobile manufacturers require reprogramming with the latest software updates to repair problems that are occurring with vehicles on the road even after their warranties have expired.
Isn’t reprogramming just for cars that are still under warranty so only dealers will need this capability?
- Maybe you thought only cars still under warranty are being reprogrammed and it’s just not worth your while. Over 100 million cars on the road today support J2534 reprogramming. Studies indicate that 7 out of 10 vehicles on the road require a calibration update.
- Auto Manufacturers are constantly updating controller software to solve problems such as false DTCs, hesitation, rough idle, emissions problems, hard starting, poor fuel economy and others. These problems plague many cars that are no longer under warranty.
What is J2534?
- SAE J2534 is a standard for communications between a computer and a vehicle.
- All automakers provide a J2534 service to EVERYONE for reprogramming (also called re-flashing) emissions related controllers.